Sunday, January 28, 2018

Weekly Check-In

1/22/18-1/29/18

Miles: 13
Average Pace: 9:09
Notes: did mile repeats on the treadmill and some biking, no long run

This week unexpectedly needed to be an easy week for two reasons. First, the sort of bullshit reason is that I was out of town from Friday night to Sunday and didn't really have a place to do my long run. Second, and the more legitimate reason, I did something to my back at some point of the past 10 days and didn't want to injure myself. I really like what Monica from "Run Eat Repeat" says about injuries and lingering pain--if you listen to your body when it whispers, you won't have to hear it scream. I'm far enough out from the 10 miler and half marathon that missing a long run and having a lower milage week isn't going to ruin my training or racing plans. Also, I was able to comfortably do an 8 mile long run last week so I don't feel like I'm fighting for distance. Luckily, I ran into a friend from college who happens to be a physical therapist and she gave me some stretches to try that should loosen up my back/glutes.

The Six and the reason I was out of town for the weekend. From left to right, Dan Murphy, Dave Antolik, Greg Joseph, Jim Donovan, Chuck Olson and Rob Hertweck.

This week I'm giving a gold star to The Six. The Six is a group of friends who are musicians (three of whom were my professors in undergrad) and play some amazing covers together a couple of times a year. They have been having these shows for about 7 years and it's aways a blast to hear them play together. I was really unsure of if I wanted to make the trip to Indiana, PA just for this show, but it was definitely worth the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment