Monday, February 26, 2018

Ooops...

If you didn't notice, I missed a weekly check in and am late to post this one. I'll dig into why that is after my miles and times

2/12/18-2/18/18
Miles: 19
Average Pace: 9:12
Notes: Should have been an easy week and some how ran 5 days in a row. Rough long run.

2/19/18-2/25/18
Miles: 7.08
Average Pace: 9:08
Notes: no long run, pain in neck/arms/shoulders, pain in toe/arch of foot.

The short story of these two rough weeks is exhaustion--both physical and mental. If I'm being honest with myself, the overworking probably began around the 10th after I ran an 8K race and followed it up with a 10 mile run the next day. I had planned on using the 12th-18th as a recovery week, but I some how ended up running 5 days in a row with the culmination being a really crappy 6 mile long run. On the six mile run, I felt my body tensing up and fighting me most of the way. I was feeling mentally worn out from my long day of work/class (Wednesdays) and preparing for a group meeting presentation. The weather on the 20th and 21st was close to 75˚F, so I made sure to log some miles in outside. Unfortunately, I think I pushed myself too hard on those runs because it felt like I hit a wall on Thursday...and then I kept running into it until today. Not literally running though--today is the first day I've felt okay enough to finish a run since last Wednesday. I would rather have a rough two weeks now and have to take a couple of days off than get injured and miss one of my up coming races. Here is to keeping well-hydrated, rested and injury free through March!

No comments:

Post a Comment