Thursday, February 15, 2018

Race 2 of 12: February Race Review

For my second run of the year, I decided to stick with a DCRR race--the Langley 8K. Again, they put on a nice, low key race. They had volunteers directing people on the course and some post race snacks. The course was a mix of residential roads and a running path and was mostly rolling hills. It has been a while since I've had a run with continuous climbs and descents so the race was a nice challenge. I honestly wasn't quite sure how I was going to pace an 8K. I've run a ton of 5K and half marathons but not many, if any, distances between the two (well, besides one 6.6K about 5 years ago). I initially thought a 9 min/mile pace would be doable and moderately challenging.


As the race started, I managed to keep my pace in check but I was feeling pretty comfortable at an 8:30 pace. Even with the rolling hills, I was able to push myself and maintain my pace. The only things I struggled with and want to continue working on was the decrease in my pace going up the last hill and my lack of "kick."

No comments:

Post a Comment